Thursday, May 19, 2011

A Little Female Mojo?





I was so excited to see this commercial for a new Danish beer called Copenhagen.

Having worked with a major beer brand a few years ago to convince them that targeting women beer drinkers did actually represent a huge opportunity - after all, women do account for over 25% of all beer consumed - I thought that beer was destined to be a product that was caught in a time warp. Bad humor and frat boys was the land of beer drinkers and that view of beer and beer culture was here to stay.

So when I saw this commercial and the very tasteful packaging being used for the new beer brand - it almost looks like a wine bottle - I realized that Carlsberg - that makes Copenhagen - had finally taken the reins on trying to capture this huge untapped segment of the beer drinking audience.

I wish Carlsberg the best of luck with this venture.

Personally, I am heading out right now to give it a try - whether I like the taste or not, that bottle is going to look great on the shelf in my fridge!

No comments:

Post a Comment